When I originally went to either “https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/” or “https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/filings”, and initially ONLY entered in “20-270”, the best that I could find were a bunch of other peoples comments. Doing this, I didn’t see an obvious way to add a comment of my own.
Then I came across an easy to follow document from another Ham, which walked me through the easy steps to get a basic description of the proposed change, and submit a comment to the FCC about their Licensing fee proposal. If you want to submit your own comment (which I highly recommend that you do), it helps if you review some of the other comments (for ideas,…), and write up what you want to say first; then just follow the simple steps (paraphrased and embellished below). Be aware that the FCC’s online form accepts a variety of formats for attachments (e.g., PDF, txt, ppt, pptx, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, rtf, dwg,…); I used PDF.
- Go to “https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/filings“.
- In the first box, type “20-270“; it should display a couple options to choose from.
- Select the “Amendment of the Schedule of Application Fees…“.
- Then fill out the remainder of the required fields, including,…
- Type of filing (i.e., select “COMMENT”)
- Address of … (i.e., select “Filer”)
- Address, City, State, Zip (i.e., enter your mailing address)
- Drop in the file containing your Comments to the FCC regarding the proposed fee assessment.
- I recommend that you check the box requesting an “Email Confirmation“.
- Review what you typed (i.e., just in case,…)
- If it looks OK, select to “Continue to review screen“.
- If anything is invalid (or missing) in the basic things you filled in, it’ll complain, with an explanation at the top of the page.
- If your basic entries were OK and complete, it’ll progress to a “Review page”.
- Review it all again (just to be sure). If there are any problems, go back and fix them.
- Once everything looks good, select “Submit“.
- It should return with a “Confirmation” screen, to acknowledge that your comment was submitted.
- Now, you are basically done;
- … but if you had requested an “Email Confirmation” (see above), then you should receive an Email acknowledgement as well. Mine only took a few minutes.
Feel free to share this information with the other Hams.
We should try to get as many people as we can to submit comments to the FCC. (NOTE: you don’t have to be a licensed Ham to submit a comment!)
- County Wide Zoom Meeting About Field Day!
- Thunderbirds Fly Over Library.
- Media Reports of Reagan Library Closing Permanently are False.
- Six Ways to Get the Most Out of Field Day Even If We Can’t Be Together
- New Website: SkyWave-Radio the study of HF radio communications
- Using External Antennas to Boost Your HT Signal.
- Turn on you radios and join the group!
- Staying ahead of the fires…
- AG6AG gives talk at CVARC about Upgrading to General